Great GTD Post on RememberTheMilk (Thanks to Doug Ireton)

I have recently started trying to invest a little more time in GTD (Getting Things Done). Part of this investment has also meant me signing up to RememberTheMilk (RTM) which is a great, simple-yet-effective “ToDo” list site.image

Prior to reading this post from Doug Ireton (which RTM posted on their blog) I hadn’t really customised RTM a great deal. This was perhaps a mixture of me not really knowing what I am doing with GTD and lack of time to “play” (expect it was more the former).

I found the article clear, concise and damn useful! I spent a good chunk of this morning getting all my work, personal and study items nicely organised within RTM. I feel I perhaps have a little way to go before getting the system refined to my taste, but it’s certainly a hell of a lot closer than it was!

It sounds silly but I feel much more confident in the system and can happily “forget” about items and concentrate on actually getting the things done I am supposed to be working on.

I will continue to try and let you know how I get on with GTD and any other bits of productivity-boosting bits of information I come across.

Links:
RememberTheMilk
Doug Ireton’s Post on RememberTheMilk
GettingThingsDone on WikiPedia

Share:  digg it! del.icio.us furl Live Technorati Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GTD: Biphasic Sleep Experiment – Day 4

Privacy Online – How Much Would a “I’ll Google You” Get About You?

TDD – Getting Started with Test-Driven Development