Long time no speak right! I said in my previous post that I had been busy, so I thought I would share with you what I have been up to, and what's on the plan for the rest of 2011.
Here's where I stand on my 2011 goals:
- Supplement Income by 25% - The plan here was to get more creative about how I earn my cash. Rather than floating from paycheck to paycheck, I wanted to get more money from more sources. I am pleased to say I have formed my own company, have my first contracting gig signed and am starting to flesh out my first product idea, which I want a working prototype well before the year is out. By the end of the year, my turnover would be yielding an increase of about 23-25% extra on last years income. WIN.
- Reduce Fixed Outgoings by 25% - As well as trying to make more, I want to spend less - I want to funnel cash into doing stuff rather than spending it on mindless crap. I am super-pleased to say that I have reduced by fixed outgoings by 60%. AWESOME WIN.
- Leave the UK at Least 4 Times - Left twice so far, to the US (Las Vegas) and Amsterdam. Both were awesome. Planning another trip after my contract is up, but may try and sneak in a small break somewhere else. WIP.
- Downsize the apartment - Done, now living in a flatshare with 3 awesome peeps. All my crap now easily fits in to what is an "small double bedroom". Next step, a suitcase! WIN.
- Launch at least one product that is *at least* self-sustaining - I have an idea that has been floating around in my head for about the past year, I think it's a great idea - but it doesn't mean anything while it's in my head. I have been doing a lot of research on customer development and lean startup. Looking forward to getting a working prototype out there in the not-to-distant future. WIP.
- Up to phase 3 - which is almost complete, just need to get down to 1 suitcase! Looks like I might just miss my deadline, but I'll take it :D WIN.
So, that's what's been keeping me busy, a lot of change in progress and a lot of mental re-moulding has been taking place. Since moving to London (oh yeah, I didn't mention that above, I re-located too) I found that I fell into classic London habits of just running around like a headless chicken. I have found myself recently stopping and getting back to being busy, but not a busy ant.
More soon :)